Friday, July 13, 2012

French and Bare Nails

Okay, this is a little hard for me to show you but here goes...


My bare nails with nothing on them. They are stained pretty bad. I always used a basecoat, but that does not prevent my nails from staining. I recently switched to OPI Nail Envy Sensitive and Peeling basecoat, before that I used Seche Vite Rebuild, and before that I used Orly Nail Defense (originally mine was clear, but now it is yellow orange - weird).

What I am happy about is that I can use 2% Milk by Wet and Wild Megalast, which is a sheer nail color, and you can barely see the staining after I add the french white tip. This makes me happy b/c know I know I can do designs at least starting from a french tip.

I wore my nails like this to renew our marriage vows on our ten year anniversary.

Are your nails stained bad? And have you tried to cover them with a french manicure? Which polish worked best? Let me know please, the search is not over.




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. My nails are yellow too, no matter which base coat I use. I think it's always going to happen when we do our nails so often. Sometimes I scrub my nails with whitening toothpaste and that helps a bit. For more extreme cases I lightly buff them, but I only do that sparingly to protect the nail from 'overbuffing'.

    The french mani looks great though! I'm always wearing opaque colors so I never really worry about the yellowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat!
      I tried the whitening toothpaste, the baking soda and peroxide, I still have one more thing to try, but I am glad I have the option to do a french, and I just couldn't think of nothing to wear on my for a wedding renewal. I haven't tried the buffing, I will try that. I don't understand how other nail polish lovers don't have a lick of stain but wears polish all the time. Thank you for the tip.

      Delete
  2. You're braver than me...I'm not showing of these stained things!! LOL. Good thing I have plenty of polish to cover them up! Next time I buy WnW, I think I'm going to get that 2%. Nothing I've used has kept my nails from yellowing; they have only helped me avoid excessive staining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to keep mine covered up most of the time. It is nice to have that option that I can do a funky fresh if I wanted too. Let me know how that works for you. I wouldn't mind it being a lil darker. Another trick I forgot to mention, is to use the opposite, for ex: if your nails were stained by orange or yellow, red, use blues or greens to counteract the staining. I don't know how well it works.

      Delete